Mail Attachments

Reaction score
I have a imac/tiger/10.4/ When I recive mail and there are attachment's /jp/ audo/viedo/ect I am asked where to open them?? my question is there a program that will open them for me?// no matter where I move the extentsion nothing will work i cant seem to find a way to open fhem thanks for the help

Reaction score
What extension are the programs you are trying to open?

EG, a picture may have a .jpeg extension.

I suspect some of the files may be WMA, or .PPS - if you can tell me the extension I and others here can help you :)

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

I would also try running OnyX and run the "Reset LaunchServices Database".

Then restart and let us know which type of files you are having problems with...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
yes most of the extenson's are wmv//.pps// where do i go to open them ? can mail do it automaticalley? or have I shut somthing of when I first got the BIG X

Reaction score
Hi Barry, I thought they would be.

.PPS is a Microsoft power point file, and you need the Mac version of Microsoft power point to open it on your system - if you have not got this, have you got a test drive of MS Office on your system?

If so, install this, I think it comes with powerpoint - it will last for 30 days only, but at least you will be able to open the files for now.

If you have not got it, then you can download the test drive from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/default.aspx?pid=office2004td

.WMV files are windows media video files, and you will need either windows media player for mac, or flip for mac which installs the codec in quick time to allow wmv files to be opened.

Download Windows Player Here

OR

Download WMV codecs for Quick Time Here

I hope this helps :)

Ask a Question