Macbook apple ID

Reaction score
Hi

When I first got my Macbook I put in my apple ID (which was my old email address) and password,

I've chanced my email address now and updated my information in iTunes but my documents are saved under this old email ID, under places in my finder.

my question is can I chance this? because it was a bit of a **** email address and it just looks a bit rubbish that all my stuff is saved under this odd name.

Thanks

Reaction score
k, I can see why you think these problems are related but they aren't;-)

What you need to do is make a New User Account with the name and password you want.
DONT try and change your User Account Name, thats what you're seeing in Places as thats a path fraught with peril. Your best bet is to just make a new User Account and shift into that. Make it a Standard Account and leave your old one as the Admin Account and just remember when you Mac asks for an Admin name and password enter the "old" account name and password.

There will be a bit of setup required in the new account. Logging onto the WiFi, Mail Accounts, and iTunes, but if your'e just starting then this won't be too much.

Ask a Question