Mac mini back from the dead!

Reaction score
So, I have a mid-2011 Mac mini (2.5 GHz Core i5, dual-core) that has been sitting on a shelf for a while. A couple of years ago, it went belly up. I sent it in to a place that repairs logic boards, and received it back, fully functional. After about a month, it went belly up again. Sent it back in, and they fixed it again (warranty repair). Then, 3 months later it died again...and so I threw it on the shelf.

Fast forward to today. Read a random thread where someone referenced heating up a logic board in the oven. Considering the fact that the repair company simply re-soldered some joints, I figured why not give the oven and try and let all that solder re-flow a bit.

7 minutes in a 350 degree oven. The Mac mini is now ALIVE!! (I'm currently installing Sierra on it)

Hilarious!

Reaction score
Ha, ha!!! LOL!

But, but, you forgot to explain what brand of hot sauce we should spoon on the logic board when it comes out of the oven. And, do you bread the logic board, or reinstall it raw? Did you poke it with a fork to make sure it was cooked all the way through? Is there room in a Mac mini for a side of fries???

Darn, I find your recipe to be seriously lacking in essential details! :)

Ask a Question