Mac link-up

Reaction score
I have an Intel imac (OS 10.4.11) and also a G4 tower (OS 10.3.9), they are both connected to a router for internet, one wired (ethernet) and one wireless. I believe that I can set up the macs to connect and share files and data. I don't know how to do this. Please can someone explain the procedure?

Many thanks

Dave N

Reaction score
Yes, you can do that. Go to the target computer -- the one you want to access. Open System Preferences > Sharing > Services and put a check mark on "Personal File Sharing." When you see "Personal File Sharing On," then look at the bottom of the window for the address listed: something like afp://xxx.xx.xx.xxx (where the X's are numbers). That is the address you will use on the other computer.

On the other computer, from the Finder go to Go > Connect to Server and enter the number on the Server Address line. You will then see your other computer appear on your Finder.

Ask a Question