suddenly out of nowhere when I click on buttons or links my mac doesn't respond HELP!

Reaction score
HI.i've had my macbook for about a year and a half and have never had any problems to speak of until earlier this evening that is.

I was browsing the internet when suddenly my mac wouldn't respond to anything. I couldn't click on anything or escape or quit, much less force quit etc. Thus I did a hard reboot. When it came back up it allowed me to type in my password but brought up everything (windows that we open, etc) before this happened except the internet ( i use safari) and still the same problem. The key board would work to some extent but when it required clicking on anything like yes I want to restart, it wouldnt let me.

So, I did a hard reboot again. This time it let me do a few things, but was still being "picky" about what it would let me click on so I chose to "restart" it since it would now at least let me do that. Once I did, It seems to be letting me do everything as I was before this happened except when I click on links/buttons/windows/etc there is a huge lag and sometimes i have to click the link or button several times just to get a response. This isn't because the internet is slow either, it just takes me holding the trackpad down or hitting it several times to get it to even start processing the request.

I haven't done anything new or different..added any new software etc. The only thing I can think of was that my room mate borrowed it earlier to day to see if she could edit something on imovie. I don't think that is the culprit though because it worked fine for several hours before this started happening.

So, I'm at a loss and this is really frustrating. In fact just to correct something in the previous paragraph...when i moved the cursor to where I wanted it I had to click the trackpad a couple times and then hold it down for the cursor to go where I wanted it to so I could correct the spelling of a word.

It's really odd! PLEASE help me. I will appreciate it more than you know!!!!

Reaction score
Re: suddenly out of nowhere when I click on buttons or links my mac doesn't respond H

Hi put your original OS X disc into your drive, start up holding down the C key, open the starter page go to the tool bar utilities, down to Disc Utilities from there you can repair your start up disc and fix permissions, when completed restart your machine. hope this will fix it.

Ask a Question