Mac Book Storage

Reaction score
I have a Mac Book with a 160 GB hard drive. I've only 7.18 GB of storage left. When I look at the storage, it shows that 52.6 GB is Movies but try as I might, I cannot find where all these movies are! I've tried a smart folder, but clearly I'm not smart enough to find them. It's quite frustrating! Please help!!!! :eek:

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

I cannot find where all these movies are! I've tried a smart folder, but clearly I'm not smart enough to find them.

If downloaded / bought through iTunes then try this open finder > home directory > Music > iTunes > iTunes Music > Movies.

That is where you should find your downloaded films as my screen shot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-05-27 at 18.29.47.png
    Screen Shot 2013-05-27 at 18.29.47.png
    145.7 KB · Views: 339

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
If you ever use iMovie, there is a separate Trash there that you need to empty.

I also once discovered a 7GB iMovie project sitting on my Desktop completely invisible and it wasn't until I'd enabled the showing/hiding of invisible files in Terminal that I noticed it there!

Reaction score
I was hoping the iMovie trash would be the solution, as it reminded me that iPhoto also has a separate trash can. Unfortunately, iMovie apparently no longer has a separate trash, and my regular trash can is very empty.

And to respond to the previous reply, these aren't itunes movies, these are movies from video camera/cameras. I had moved quite a few from my computer to my back up drive, but still a huge amount of my storage is taken up with "movies" (as it says in the system storage dialogue). Unfindable movies!!!

Reaction score
Hi efgleaton,

Just a few questions.

1) Did you create a personal folder to store these home movies.
2) Apart from iMovie did you use any other software to edit them.

Navigate to then right click your iPhoto Library now get info how many GB is it.

EDIT:

My good lady uses a little app called DaisyDisk, might be worth a look its in the app store. Also you could try OmniDiskSweeper if interested have a look here.
https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/7402/omnidisksweeper

Ask a Question