leopard - fed up with mac

Reaction score
I have had nothing but trouble with my Mac since I installed the leopard [ that bit - took out my computer for a week trying to fix ].

I feel cheated, angry and really mad. Am I the only one feeling like this ?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that you are angry about things when the upgrade should be an exciting prospect.

I, personally have no desire to upgrade from 10.4.11 to 10.5.x until at least another few numbers have been added after the 2nd full stop.

Of course you should feel that you can post here and have someone or others here available to help.

Reaction score
Hi i have recently reloaded OS X.5 ( after having problems with scanner not working, Filemaker 8.5[which is owned? by apple] not working etc ... )

But now all is working well on my MacBook, though i have not yet tested my palm on it, as i do not like the way iCal now works in OS X.5, So my main G5 dual is still running good old Tiger, I always cheat like this, i use my MacBook first, if however you only have one Mac, then yup! i would also wait till it says OS X.5.2 or higher, and check my hardware with vendors web sites for the latest drivers.

Recently filemaker has now released a patch for 8.5pro advanced to work, Though i was totally amazed that it being an apple product ( i think filemaker is owen or something by apple ) that it was not thought of ..... Anyways i hope your mac is feeling better!

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that you are angry about things when the upgrade should be an exciting prospect.

I, personally have no desire to upgrade from 10.4.11 to 10.5.x until at least another few numbers have been added after the 2nd full stop.

Of course you should feel that you can post here and have someone or others here available to help.
I'm with Spawn on this one. In fact, I might not even bother with Leopard at all. Tiger is running flawlessly on my eMac and I think that Leopard is really for an Intel-Mac. At least, if you want to get the full effect. However, those new iMacs look pretty darn good! By the way, you're not the only one who is angry with the Leopard. The Mac forums are swamped with angry Leopard users!

Reaction score
I am in agreement with several others here. The more I read about Leopard, the more I'm inclined to keep my current system. No one single "feature" in Leopard has gotten me saying "I gotta have that"! I also prefer to wait for versions .1 or .2 whenever a new system in out. The fact that Leopard already had a version .1 barely a month after its release leads me to believe the package was not entirely ready for mass use. Now I read that maybe version .2 might be announced in the upcoming MacWorld conference.

Reaction score
I upgraded to leopard on my Powerbook G4 12". I shortly after noticed that programs seem to crash more often than they did in 10.4, but many things run very well. I haven't had anything crash on me yet that created any more than a slight nuisance. I am also aware that my computer is quite a bit past its prime and even though I love it to pieces I recognize that Its becoming obsolete. As such I've learned to accept the occasional crash (which only affects one program at a time) and I've become so addicted to the features in Leopard, quicklook in particular that I could never go back. I love screen sharing too, since i have a desktop too. I also happen to care very much about the asthetic value of leopard. Overall I think I'm happier using leopard than I was using tiger, but I do admit I was a bit dissapointed by apple's work, and If i was only using my brain and not my heart I would be inclined to possibly return to leopard. However, after a few short months it's become natural to me and I wouldn't switch back. I recommend leopard but if you are planning on buying a new mac in the next year, I'd say skip it, because even though it's neat to have it might give you trouble. I also would like to know if people running faster machines (specifically intel machines) are having problems with programs crashing. All in all i think apple will end up fixing these quibbles with updates

so to sum that all up, I love leopard, but i do acknowledge that It is dissapointing in some areas. Id upgrade, but that's me. And I cant remember how i lived without quick look

Ask a Question