Launchpad

Reaction score
I was really happy to see this application when I first switched to OS.10.7 - but now because I have so many Apps., I find it awkward and ill conceived. Here I have about three pages of Applications and NO INDEX or any means of locating one in particular in a hurry. Its a very impressive "look" but when you try to use it it becomes cumbersome and time consuming. Its much easier to go Finder/Applications and run down the alphabetical list.
Or have I missed something ?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Personally, I never use Launchpad because you can't navigate it using the keyboard other than to go from one page to the other using the left/right arrow keys, I believe it originally came from iOS (iPhone) that's why it's the way it is I guess ...

I just use Spotlight to launch apps ...

Press Command + Spacebar + type the first 3 or so letters of any app and press enter .... it's the easiest method I know.

Reaction score
Yeah, Thanks I do that too - but when I'm search for something and don't know what its called I have to run down the alphabetised Apps list. Some Apps I have and I don't know what they're for and sometimes I download something and it ask for an App and I have no idea what to use. For that reason an index with some explanation added would be really worth having. (I'd pay money for that)

Reaction score
In Mountain Lion there is a search, you have only I have 6 and more than a few folders. I use all the time. Pinch, type the first few letters, click...

Reaction score
Yeah, well too bad this old MacBook won't stretch to ML,which needs 64 bits to run. It's doing well with Lion so I'm not fussed about moving on. I installed a 250g SSD and 2g of memory - it does what I want and when it goes kaput I'll most likely go to an iPad.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Ozzie said:
some Apps I have and I don't know what they're for and sometimes I download something and it ask for an App and I have no idea what to use.

I too have apps which I downloaded some time ago, specifically for just a one-off need & wonder what they're still doing on my HD, long after that need has passed.

I then invariably always end up deleting it thinking if I need it again down the track then surely I'll cross paths with it again.

Ask a Question