Launchpad disappears from the Dock

Reaction score
When I first got my Macbook Pro the Launchpad Icon was in the Dock. Recently I have noticed that it keeps disappearing and I have to go to Finder / Applications to drag it back to the Dock. Anybody know why it may keep disappearing and how can I lock it to the dock?
Thanks

I am running OS X 10.7.5 on an early 2011 13inch MacBook Pro.

Reaction score
Hi,

Really can not fathom why LP goes from dock as it is a locked icon, not like iPhoto or pages etc.
Other than you accidentally drag it onto the desktop.

EDIT:

You can see this if you right click the dock icon, because you only have 2 options.
1) Remove from dock.
2) Show Launchpad.

Reaction score
Hi Oldscribe,

Thanks for your response.

Like you say, I also always thought that it was a locked icon and now that I have dragged it back to the dock the only options are as you state.

Perhaps in my haste to carry out actions I have been dragging it onto the desktop! I will have to be more careful in future and see if disappears again!

Reaction score
Hi,

Monitor your system for a few days then please post back and let us know if it reoccurs.

EDIT:

I tend to use hot corners and have top left set to launchpad.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
There has to be more to this issue because that once placed in the Dock, that icon just stays where it is ... by decree of Mac OS X .... ;)

Ask a Question