Kernel at 600%

Reaction score
Hi I live in Grenada and that’s about as far as the moon when trying to get help with anything Apple, so I have a 2014 i think IMac that blew its power board which I managed to get replaced on island. However it came back with the fan on full and the computer worked like stuck in quicksand. System report said error on PFM006. I installed Mac fans app which worked straight away, but apparently the computer still thinks it’s to hot and that’s why the kernel is sky high and everything is so slow, really slow ! So has anyone got a fix for this problem, I have done all the recommendations off the web ie re booting but nothing has worked. Any help really appreciated, thanks.

Reaction score
Hi I reset the SMC and problem is still there, I suspect that when the guy put the new board in it has caused problems with a temp sensor so the fan app fixed part of the issue but not all. Taking computer back to the guy unfortunately is not possible. I will try running Diagnostics as you have suggested. Thank you for your help, appreciated.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Did you ever run Apple Diagnostics?

There isn't any way to bypass the thermal sensors, and if there were, it would definitely not be advisable. If the temps reach the limits, the Mac will simply shut down, or cause damage leading to a more costly repair. You really need to get an Apple Authorized Service Provider to take a look the next chance you have, to ensure everything is connected and working properly.

C

Ask a Question