SOLVED Keeping ICloud out of my computer

Reaction score
I've got a mid 2011 iMac running OS 10.13. I'd like to keep Apple from accessing my computer via iCloud. I'd rather not give my computer's password to Apple. Can I do that smoothly? I already back up my entire system, including passwords, etc. to my own removable hard drive, so I don't think I need iCloud for that reason.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Is iCloud setup already on your computer? On my iPad, I just left that task undone during the initial setup of the device. It keeps a little dot on the gear icon, nagging me to complete that step but I just ignore it as the device functions perfectly fine.

Reaction score
I've got CCleaner - it has a section to manage startup items. You'll find Creative Cloud launch agents there, simply turn them off. Then check the Applications icon in your dock, show in finder, move anything Cloud to trash, click on the Utilities folder and do the same. Then, when you reboot your system, the iCloud symbol should be gone from your menu bar (right side). I had no side-effects from doing this with OSX 12.5

Ask a Question