Just want to compile some source code

Reaction score
Hi. I downloaded an example program to connect with a USB interface that I am playing with, and I have no idea how to compile it. I have Xcode installed on my Mac (running OS X 10.4.11), and I've opened the C source file in Xcode, but the compile option is grayed out. I tried creating a new project and adding the source file to the project, but I still can't compile it. I also tried compiling from the Terminal using gcc, but I don't know where to put the custom header file or how to tell gcc where to look for it.

I'm a novice programmer; I just want to compile this example program and then start modifying it for my purposes. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Reaction score
I'm picking this guy is long gone, but if not:

Are you wanting an application to access the USB device?

Reaction score
Wow, I'm surprised to see a response to this thread! My need has long since expired, but I thank you for the reply. I was eventually able to accomplish my task.

Take care.

Reaction score
Great.
Linking in C code is one of those, OMG how does this work things. But once you get it, it seems to just work;-)

Ask a Question