jumpy cursor

Reaction score
I operate an I-Mac with Snow Leopard and just recently the cursor frequently jumps up to the top left hand corner of the screen and moves the present window off to the side. I have to click mid screen to bring the window back - can anyone help solve this annoying problem or has anyone else experienced it?
Dave

Reaction score
Which mouse do you have? I have just had a similar experience that proved to be a battery problem

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a hot corner set for Exposé.
Go to Apple menu > System Preferences > DashBoard & Exposé
You will be able to change your settings in there.
I'm on Tiger 10.4.11 right now, the preference name may have changed, I can't remember.

I love Exposé, Can't live without it. I have a hot corner for all windows, that way i can jump to one of the many windows I have open in all apps.

Reaction score
thx for the response darock - yes do have hot corners set, but why would that cause the cursor to keep jumping over there?

Reaction score
I may have misunderstood you.
You may have a mouse problem or the surface of some mouse pads will cause problems or shiny surfaces.

I've also seen where the cable on the mouse starts to break and mouse may get unresponsive.
I would try another mouse if you have one and see if problem goes away.

and moves the present window off to the side. I have to click mid screen to bring the window back

That still sounds like Exposé.
Set to Desktop.

Ask a Question