JAVA not working

Reaction score
I have a POWERBOOK G4 ALUMINUM 15” 1.5 GHZ running 10.3.9. I finally installed Leopard 10.5 after making a bootable backup with SuperDuper. I used the Archive & Install option. When I came back to it the screen said that the Mac OS X quit unexpectedly but it restarted okay and all my programs seem to be working okay so far but I keep getting a window that says:

Cannot launch Java application
Uncaught exception in main method:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.security.sasl.Sasl.setSaslServerFactgory(ljavax/
security/sasl/SaslServerFactory;)V

if I Quit the window it just keeps reappearing. I transferred the old Java files from the Library folder in Previous System to the current one and restarted but the same window is still there.

Where can I get a clean copy of Java or do I need to reinstall the OS?

Thanks for any help

from the newbie....

I have principles, if you don't like them, I have others.... Groucho Marx

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

personally, when doing a major upgrade 10.4 to 10.5 then I always do a fresh install, not an Archive and Install. Then I reload my Applucations and all my data files.

Whilst this tends to take longer initially, it has always been a way of getting a stable system.

You can get a 'clean' copy of Java from the Leopard disk, but you need to download Pacifist to access it.

If it doesn't work then back up your data and do a fresh install.

regards

Ric

Ask a Question