iWeb?

Reaction score
Hi Zeyhra, I haven't got around to using it yet, I don't seem to have the time, but I believe that it is okay to use for building websites from those who have used it :)

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

Yes, it's a nice starter app for website creation. It's a little clunky and lacks some features of other template-based apps.

Check out RapidWeaver. It's much more powerful and only $39.95 USD/22.52 GBP/33.45 EUR.

C

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have it. I think it's a great little App.

What sort of Websites are you thinking of using it for ?

Rapid Weaver is also very good, a little more feature packed.

With either you can have a website up in no time at all !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Initially it will be pictures, text and links, with the possibility of some kind of e-commerce thing later down the line... Beyond that I'm not entirely sure, as all the actual ideas/plans live in someone else's head at this point... The project is still in the earliest of planning stages...

Ric

Reaction score
For what you want I would probably treat iWeb as a set of Magic Markers...

It's very quick and easy to set up a nice 'visual' site, but once you go down the ecommerce route you will probably want something like GoLive, Dreamweaver or BBedit depending on your choice.

I have used iWeb for a few sites, and then once they are up and running, I have then 'tweaked' them in GoLive and Photoshop to help optimise them.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Looks like this project is going to get started pretty soon, in the next couple weeks most likely... The idea is going to be to get "something" up fast and save the ecommerce stuff for way later down the line. It's not going to be hosted at .Mac so I won't be getting the "full features" of iWeb that are only available with .Mac hosting. iWeb says it has an "announce" feature for letting people know when your site has been published... is this something only available with .Mac hosting? it would be very helpful to have something that does this... Any one familiar with the announcing feature, and/or if it works with non-.Mac hosts?

Ask a Question