iWeb and multiple sites

Reaction score
I have created two separate web sites with iWeb. The trouble is that I didn't know about the Domain file(s) before I built the sites. So now I have two web sites (different domain names) living in the same directory space.

I tried deleting the default Domain file in the ~/Library/etc. directory space. But now I seem to be in a Moebius loop of iWeb confusion.

I know it's possible to have multiple web sites being managed by iWeb but how do I take my current situation (both sites listed in iWeb's browser) and make it possible
to manage this well?

FYI, I don't use .Mac for hosting. Both sites are hosted at a provider and I'm using a ftp client to manually upload them. The first site I built in iWeb worked perfectly. But when I created the second site, errantly saving it in the same directory space as the first (as far as iWeb's browser is concerned) uploading the new site gives me an error when trying to browse it.

Please help in any way you can.

Thanks,
Steven

Reaction score
Hello Tenpa_gyatso!

I may be wrong on this, so someone correct me if I am. My understanding is that all of your websites that you create in iWeb all go under one domain file. By uploading that domain file, all your sites should be published as well.

This will look different for you since you are not using .Mac to host your sites, but how you see both sites on the internet is like this (for me)

web.mac.com/searay345/Zachs_Page

web.mac.com/searay345/Da_Blah_Page

I created the second website as a test for you to see. I hope this helps you out.

Cheerio
Searay

Ask a Question