Inbox disappeared? (In Mail)

Reaction score
I have three different mailaccounts - but earlier I had a Common inbox that showed ALL emails from all accounts. I think I have accidentally deleted it and can't get my head around how to get it back. (I have access to the separate inboxes for each account).

Reaction score
The only thing that comes to mind is a 'Smart mailbox" but I've never used one so can't say for sure. There is a "+" next to the "Smart Mailboxes" label in the tree on the left side of the Mail app. Perhaps this is what accidentally got deleted? I see you can add one based on an account so this may be what you had before. Click the "+" and check out the options to see if this will do what you need.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I have checked out the smartboxes etc, but that could not make a common one. But I thought for a while that I had found a workaround - I did a search, and then "All mailboxes" came up (as a search option). I could then drag that icon over to "Favorites"... So it worked there for a while - but now its greyed out and I cant click it...? :-/ (Well, I'm not all stranded anyway, I can still check my separate Inboxes for my different accounts).

Edit: Now I could add a new "All inboxes" in Favourites! Seems to work, the last one was called "All mailboxes" (in swedish), but is still Gray. A bit strange, but it seems to work now. Thanks for your input.

Ask a Question