iCloud Issue

Reaction score
Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum. I didn't see anything specific to my issue elsewhere. I'm running Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 on my iMac and recently began having an issue with getting into iCloud, although I have been successful in the past. I'm not a heavy user and only recently begun to use iCloud. When I first go to iCloud I get the spinning progress wheel for a minute and then the following message: "Connection Error - iCloud encountered an error while trying to connect to the server. "This has been going on for the past few weeks and no matter what I try, I can't get in. I am having no problem using iCloud on my iPad Air, 3rd generation. I have checked and I am logged-in in my iCloud preferences.

Can someone please help me with this issue? Thanks.
iCloud.jpeg

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I assume you are using Safari, so I would try Safari > Clear History... - it could be a cookie/cache issue.
Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 17.09.37.png

It is normally best to use Safari to access iCloud, so let us know if you are using a different browser, and if that works.

C

Reaction score
Yes, I do use Safari 11.1.2.
Clearing history did not make a difference.
I also tried signing out of and back into iCloud.
Nothing worked.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...

Strange that you only have Safari 11.1.2 when running 10.13.6 High Sierra. I am running 10.13.6 and have Safari 13.0.5. Maybe you need to run Software Updates?

C

Reaction score
Software Updates and the App Store is a whole other issue for me. When I open it I see that it says I have two updates available and when I click on "Updates", all I get is the beach ball curse and then I have to force quit. That hasn't worked for me in years. Individual Safari updates are no longer available as well. Looks like I may need to reinstall the OS. I believe High Sierra 10.13.6 is the latest I can run on my mid 2010 iMac. Do you think 13.0.5 would be included in HS 10.13.6?

Reaction score
No worries...

Strange that you only have Safari 11.1.2 when running 10.13.6 High Sierra. I am running 10.13.6 and have Safari 13.0.5. Maybe you need to run Software Updates?

C

I tried logging out and back in again and that didn't work. I also just finished doing a fresh Mac OS recovery, connected to my modem by cable, and installed the latest OS supported by by iMac, 10.13.6 that installed Safari 11.1.2. Neither made any difference. I'd love to know how you got Safari 13.0.5. I can't find that anywhere on the Apple software downloads pages. Any link that you or anyone else can provide?

By the way, I tried downloading and installing the 10.13.6 Combo Update and when it got to the Installation part, it never progressed to the finish. It stayed there for hours. Figure that one out!

I just tried logging in with my wife's version of Firefox and had no problem what-so-ever! Figure that one out! Seems like the issue is with Safari, even though it worked up to the past few weeks.

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks for the additional information.

This version was installed back in January along with some of the the Security Updates. I don't believe there is a standalone update installer available.

Apple security updates

Not sure why you aren't getting it...I didn't do anything special. Are there any Security Updates available after you did the Recovery install?

C

Ask a Question