ICal Default "To Do" Time

Reaction score
Is it possible to change the default time when setting a "To Do" message reminder?

The current time I get as a default is 11:45PM -- I know how to change it after that, but I'd prefer the default time be 6 AM.

Reaction score
Not sure how you're making them,
I just click at the starting time and drag to the end, done. Works fine in day and week view.

Reaction score
I apologize...I think I should have framed my question better. I'm using MAC Snow Leopard (10.6.8).

in ICal, when I use Control K to create a new To Do item, I then enter the Due Date. When I next click on Alarm to create a Message Reminder, the default time is 11:45 PM...what I'd like ideally is to have that time come up as 6AM.

Yes, I know this is a minor issue...it's my pursuit of perfection.

Thanx much.

Reaction score
Not that I know of.

On mine (Lion) it defaults to the preference Day Start Time.

Reaction score
I checked Preferences in ICal, and there's no option for Starting Time -- it does let me set the date range (the day starts at X and ends at , but no option for the To Do reminder time.

So it goes...

Thanx for trying to help.

Reaction score
Just checked my SL mini and you're right, 11:45.
So they changed that in the upgrade to Lion, on Lion its the Day start time.

Reaction score
Well, at least I have the reassurance that I'm not the problem.

I've been using a MAC Mini 1.1 for about two months. I used a PC for over 30 years, so it's been quite an adventure. My nephew had the old MAC sitting around and asked if I want to "play with it."

Two days after I said yes, my PC departed this Earth...and the MAC went from a toy to a necessity.

After two months of using it, I can only say that it's a shame I waited so long to make the change. Even this piece of antiquity is superior to the PC I was using.

Thank you helping me get my hands around this "new" equipment.

Ask a Question