iCal events don't go to default calendar

Reaction score
My daughter has twice sent me invitations to events - I accept them, but they try to install in iCal in a shared Google calendar which I have write access to, and I can't figure out how to change it to any of my iCloud calendars, except by deleting the old one (declining the invitation), and writing a new calendar by hand (and calling up my daughter to tell her that I am accepting her invitation). The Google calendar isn't my default calendar. How do I accept an invitation to the correct calendar?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which version of OS X and iCal/Calendars?
-Which calendar do you want as your default for invites? You can change it in iCal/Calendars settings.
-You should also be able to simply open an event, click on the color button (which corresponds to the color of your calendars) in the upper right corner, and move it to one of your other calendars without having to delete it an recreate it first.

C

Reaction score
I can change events from calendar to calendar - except for events that are invitations others have sent to me that have "accept" buttons. Otherwise, my calendars app works as you describe.

My OSX is 10.11.4. In Calendar/preferences/general, the default calendar is "Brazee", on iCloud.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hmmm...I can test this out better at work this week, as I don't use and Google Calendars on my personal Macs.

Maybe this will work?:
Fix Missing iCal to Gmail Invites

Sometimes it is hard to get two different information systems (iCloud and Google) to play nice with each other. It is usually best to stick with one "system" for all data syncing and devices, but that isn't always possible.

C

Reaction score
Interesting. I never looked at that setting (only at the settings on my Mac). I saw that it didn't have the same default calendar that my Mac app does (it didn't have any set, so I created a default). Sending the invitation to my e-mail account wouldn't change anything as that's where I get it anyway. I'll ask my daughter to send me a test invitation, and find out whether it is a g-mail invitation or not. I'll be seeing her this afternoon (Mother's Day).

I have no choice whether to have access to a Google calendar, but I don't want to ever use it to accept invitations.

Reaction score
My daughter said "
Weird stuff. Andy and I had issues with his calendar in outlook vs. my google but somehow it all worked out. Sending you a test swim meet invite in a sec." But I got the same problem. I can't even change it to a new calendar, but have to delete it and add a new event (without the notify).

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 4.23.54 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 4.23.54 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 4.22.18 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 4.22.18 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 4.24.06 PM.jpg

calendar is google calendar it is linked to my email but there is a separate app for google calendar:)"

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
The accounts image shows two Google accounts setup in Calendars...do you have two Google accounts?

C

Reaction score
No, I only use one Google calendar which is shared with a bunch of people. I think it was an Apple Genius who set up the unused Gmail account to get the Google Calendar to work.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
You shouldn't need both Google accounts setup there.

I did talk with a friend of mine and you cannot change calendar events that were added via an invite, as they are technically owned by the sender. So it looks like your delete and add new event process may be the only solution.

C

Ask a Question