i tunes has started acting up

Reaction score
all of a sudden I cannot play anything in my library. I can click on the album and nothing happens. it just won't play. It is not a speaker issue . I listen to talks frequently and I just listened to one 2 days ago and now I cannot listen to anything. I have gone through my library randomly clicking on various albums. Nothing will play.

Reaction score
I have OS 10.12.1

I also have the latest version of Itunes 12.5.3.17

Everything has been working fine until today. I double-clicked on the icon for the song or talk I want to hear and I can see it in the little screen above. The title scrolls across for a bit and then stops. No movement happens when I click on “play” the timer stays at 0.00

Reaction score
I heard that I could backup my library then re-enter it but I have no idea how to do that. I also would re-download the new version of ITunes if I knew how. It's so weird that this has happened today and never before. Can't play a single thing in my library.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
BTW Have you rebooted your Mac since this issue?

If you Control click on a song in the iTunes library window then choose "Show in Finder", when the Finder window opens to reveal that song, if you highlight it does the song play in the window that opens up if you press your Spacebar?

Ask a Question