I pod upgrade

Reaction score
I have a 4gb mini I Pod which I've had for over 2 years, the battery lasts about an hour now and the music space is pretty full too.

2 questions, I was looking to get an 8gb nano model and was wondering if I just hook it up to my computer,will it automatically download my music library like it does with my mini? Also is there a cost effective way of changing my mini's battery?

Thanks.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Q1. I was looking to get an 8gb nano model and was wondering if I just hook it up to my computer,will it automatically download my music library like it does with my mini?

A. Yes, although, if you plan to use your iPod Nano with a PC as well as a Mac it's better to sync it with a PC. This way the Nano will talk nicely with a Mac as well. If you sync the Nano with a Mac first then it won't talk nicely to a PC, AFAIK ....

Q2. Also is there a cost effective way of changing my mini's battery?

A. I found a couple of links regarding this question and the answer seems to be yes.

iPod Mini Battery Replacement

Replace your iPod Mini battery

Here's an OEM iPod Mini battery for sale on eBay.

Reaction score
Providing the ipod is formatted in the FAT file system, it will be compatible with either a Mac or PC. Users have problems when they plug it into a Mac and format it in the HFS Mac file system - doing this will render it useless on a PC.

As for your music, I would back up your itunes library first!

Ask a Question