How to set my format to all new cells in Numbers '09

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm working a lot with Numbers 09, and something that I have problems with is that everytime there are new cells (either resulting by unmerging or by creating cells), the font format changes - apparently randomly.
For example, sometimes I will get a 12 pt Helvetica bold, some other times not bold. I usually work with Helvetica Neue regular 10 pt and I assign this format to the whole table, so first of all I don't understand why new cells are in a completely different format.
The same happens with lines: new cells, either created or after unmerging, sometimes (not always) have a 1 pt line, which I never use either (usually 0.25).
I guess it has something to do with some format I inserted previously in the document history (e.g. when you copy&paste text from another document) and that somehow remains "stuck" to the cell, so that when I create new cells adjacent to that one they still use that format, but it wouldn't make much sense to fetch someone ever after...

Can I change this? Or, at least, did anyone figure out how this works, if it really is random or not? So that at least I can try and prevent it.

Thank you for any ideas, this is really slowing me down.

PS: any recommendations about good alternatives to Numbers will be very welcome. It has lots of annoying features.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

See my response in your other post about these and other issues. We'll work on them in that thread for simplification. ;)

C

Ask a Question