How to make a Mountain Lion USB / SD Installer

Reaction score
Does anyone here in the forum know how to make a Mountain Lion Installer on a USB Stick or SD card.
I have the following files downloaded at this time
Mountain Lion 10.8 installer package
how do I get the actual mountain lion OS downloaded to my drive, Let me just say one thing
this is for archival purposes only I have no problem in buying the software. I am an up front and legitimate user that only believes in transparency & honesty in the software world.

With that said, it just make it easier when doing a "Clean Install" on a "New" drive vs. a app store install when the obvious is present no OS on a Clean Drive and can not get to the app store.

I own 2 Mac Mini's
1 = Mini October 2012
1 = Mini July 2011

Per the Apple Care Department they both support Mountain Lion.

With all of that said if anyone knows of any good documentation on how to do this I would greatly appreciate it.

I have it mastered for the PC side of the house using Windows 7 just not the Apple side of the house using Mountain Lion.

Thank you all for your efforts in advance
Friendly Regards
Dev:cool:

Reaction score
I did it, Made my first Mountain Lion SD Card installer, quite easy I mite add. Providing you follow the directions to a Tee, and not leave out anything.

Cory Cooper's link is the one I used and it worked perfectly!
so with that said

Thank you all here for your input and help

Regards
Dev

Ask a Question