How to completley uninstall software

Reaction score
I installed Call of Duty 1 on my mac. I'm running on leopard and the game runs smooth... so i chose to take it out of full screen so i can browse and then switch back to the game at the same time and now i cant click anything on the game, its almost as if its just a picture now. Even when i drag it to trash it keeps some prefrences and auto starts up no full screen. So i looked arround and found appzapper and it still keeps the prefrences. I did a spotlite search and also checked the library , user, prefrences, application folders etc.. and nothing .. what should i do? Is there anyway to actually uninstall it.. Sure mac claims its clean and simple to just click/drag to the trash but it wont get rid of the extra files...

Reaction score
I installed Call of Duty 1 on my mac. I'm running on leopard and the game runs smooth... so i chose to take it out of full screen so i can browse and then switch back to the game at the same time and now i cant click anything on the game, its almost as if its just a picture now. Even when i drag it to trash it keeps some prefrences and auto starts up no full screen. So i looked arround and found appzapper and it still keeps the prefrences. I did a spotlite search and also checked the library , user, prefrences, application folders etc.. and nothing .. what should i do? Is there anyway to actually uninstall it.. Sure mac claims its clean and simple to just click/drag to the trash but it wont get rid of the extra files...
Hello,
When you said "auto starts up no full screen", did you mean that when you turn your Mac on, this game starts up automatically?

Reaction score
no, i'm sorry i dont think i explained my self properly. When i start the mac up it goes normally. But when it is on and running and i chose to play call of duty multiplayer. I double click it and it loads up, but not in full screen. Instead its minimized as a window. And i cant click on anything to set it backto full screen. I wouldnt mind playing it as it is on windowed mode but when its not fullscreen for some reason i cant click on anything. And after a re install it still keeps the prefrences. I even used appzapper and did a spotlite search..

Ask a Question