How do i uninstall this plugin from safari?

Reaction score
every time i open safari i get this error: (simbl error)
"Safari 3.1.2 (v5525.20.1) has not been tested with the plugin GiftIt (null) (v1.0). As a precaution, it has not been loaded. Please contact the plugin developer for further information."

i searched for 'giftit' and found nothing (i deleted the app a while ago). i looked in the 'internet plug ins' and 'safari' foders in my library and didnt find anything. i emailed the developer (about a month ago... still no reply...)

any suggestions?

(im using a mac os 10.5)

thanks!!!!

Reaction score
Try these places:

User/Library/safari
User/Library/Internet Plug-Ins
MacHD/Library/Internet Plug-Ins

Also, launch Safari, click on Help on top bar and from drop down menu go to "installed plugins" and see if you can locate the path to it on there.

As a last resort, click on the top bar/ Safari/preferences/security and untick "enable plugins" - but any other plugins will not be loaded either.

Reaction score
Hello,

I just wanted to comment that I just installed Snow Leopard and started noticing this exact same problem. I tried looking in the places mentioned but still found nothing. It's not a huge deal but it can be annoying. Did andycandy fix this problem or just give up? Thank you and I hope this has been solved! :)

Reaction score
Hello, try /Library/Application Support/SIMBL and YourUserName/Library/Application Support/SIMBL.

Reaction score
My pleasure. If you want to be thorough you might want to try /Library/Input Managers/SIMBL and, or YourUserName/Library/Input Managers/SIMBL as well. :)

Ask a Question