Help with my G4 Powerbook

Reaction score
My G4 Powerbook has been running out of whack lately. First my powerbutton stopped working, it only works when I do a force restart. I did as the mac said and reset my PMU and still it didn’t work after resetting my PMU im now unable to connect to the internet (my moden has connection but my computer doesn’t recognize it) and my external hard drive does not show up when plugged in.

I did a clean install, after that I powered up my PB and it asked for my password login. When I put in my password it didn’t recognize it anymore. I used my disk to reset the password, when I did I re started my PB, the login showed up I put in the new password it accepted it. Now it goes to a completely black screen and a type messages appears that says:

Darwin/BSD (Console)
Login:

I put in my login info and password as it asks me, it then shows the last login date and it shows a sign that says:

Welcome to Darwin!

My whole screen is black and all that shows up is text type, do you have any idea as to whats going on with my computer issue? Id appreciate any advice you may have.

Thank You,
Chris

Reaction score
Are the disks you used to re-install the system original disks from Apple? Darwin is an Apple open source project. You can Google "mac darwin" to find out more about it.

Ask a Question