Help with an m-audio box!!

Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't really sure which forum to post this in so hopefully this is the right one!

I'm trying to record some music using an M-Audio box connected to my iMac. It's worked tons in the past before, but I haven't used it for a little while, and now it's not working and I can NOT figure out why!

Here's what's happening:
-I'm using a mic, plugged into the M-audio box. When I tap the mic, the signal is being received by the M-audio box, because the little green input light flickers like it should.
-Like always, I connected the red and black cables to the back of my M audio box, and to the back of my speakers. My speakers are plugged into the computer.
-The M-audio box has power and everything
-My computer recognizes that it's plugged in, and it's selected as my input method
-When I play something though, it will NOT record. The input, or signal light on the M box lights up, but there is no input going into the computer.
-When I try to play back sound on my computer through the speakers, it won't work. I unplugged the red and black cables from the M-audio box, and re-plugged in the red and black cables from the computer, and it played then. Normally it will still play when only the M-audio box cables are plugged in.

PLEASE help, it's so frustrating! I really have no idea what's going wrong this time!!

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hard to help without having an M-audio box too but have you tried the forums for the particular bit of hardware you are using?

You might get an answer quicker ....

m-audio box forum

Reaction score
What Software are you using to record?

In GB you have to allocate the MBox Channels to Tracks.

Ask a Question