Help Please ...my CD is stuck

Reaction score
Hello

i need help...my Cd is stuck and i can't Eject it cuz it nothing appears that there is a Cd !! i Don't know what to do :confused:

Reaction score
Ejecting a CD or DVD when all else fails
If you've tried all the usual methods of ejecting a CD or DVD from your computer's optical drive, there are some other methods you can try.

First, quit all applications that are using files on the disc. Then try one of these alternate methods:

Open Disk Utility (in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder), select the disc, and choose File > Eject.
Choose Apple menu > Restart and hold down the mouse or trackpad button until the disc ejects.
If your drive has an emergency eject hole, put the computer to sleep and insert a large, straightened paper clip in the small emergency eject hole of the drive (the location varies, depending on the drive). Push firmly until the disc ejects.
If all other methods fail, you can try to eject the disk using the firmware. (This may not work on all computers. For example, it does not work on Intel-based computers.) The steps below describe how to start up and briefly use the computer with only the firmware loaded, not the standard Mac OS X interface.
To eject a disc using firmware:
Restart the computer.
When you hear the startup sound, press and hold the Command-Option-O-F keys. (The Command key has an Apple on it.)
Release the keys when you see a white welcome screen.
At the prompt, type:
eject cd

Press Return, then wait a few seconds. The disc drive should eject the disc, and "ok" appears on the screen when the action is complete.
Type:
mac-boot

Press Return.

Reaction score
thanx a lot i tried to try the disk utility but it didn't work so i went for the restarting thing but i need to know what keys that i should press ? command , O , and F ?? can u explain this step clearly cuz i didn't get it

Reaction score
If it isn't a power book, shut down the computer lift the door which covers the CD tray. Use the same straightened out paper clip that you are going to use on the manual eject mechanism. Once you have the door fully opened, You will see a small hole on one side or the other of the bottom edge of the CD drive.(Usually left side) Use a paper clip, straightened out, to insert into that hole. The end of the clip will push against the manual eject mechanism. When the tray comes out a bit you can use your fingers to pull it the rest of the way out. Remove the disc, restart your computer and use the open/close button to close the tray. That way you won't cause the cd tray to lose it's preset travel length.

this is the link to the apple article quoted to you in the above post. Good luck.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106882

Reaction score
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=88068

This link will take you to the apple technical base for power books ,ejecting a disk. There is a picture with an illustration of the eject hole. I wasn't sure that PB's had one but it seems they do. If this isn't your model modify the serarch in the tech knowledge base. Hope it helps. In the future post specifics about your machine along with problems.

"ejecting CD from powerbook" this is what I used to search the Apple Tech base.

I went to main Apple site clicked Support and entered the above text into the search
box on that page. It took me here.

http://search.info.apple.com/index....+OR+klearn&search=Search&lr=lang_en&search=Go

From there I clicked on the first listing and it took me to the URL I first listed.

There is a wealth of KB articles on a lot of problems. Sometimes it is easier to get an answer than at other times. (See my g4 silver post) Also Apple has it's own discussions forum site and it is machine and OS specific. Once again I hope this helps and good luck.

Reaction score
Thanx Dave the thing is unfortunately i don't have an eject hole and the cd which is stuck is one of the small size cds :( !

Reaction score
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=88275

(I used the link I gave you for powerbook instructions and when it loaded I typed into the search window "mac book ejecting a disk". I hope this helps and you find the advise instructive. Metaphorically speaking, I'm trying to teach you how to fish as well as trying to solve your problem)

The above link takes you to your model and trouble shooting the load slot on the disk drive. Opem it and Take a look at it. There doesn't seem to be a magic wand just methodically follow the instructions.

Bellow is part of that link and will give you key combinations and instructions.. I have a MB Pro I'm glad I 've never run into this problem. It looks like all of the options involve shutting down and restarting with exception of the F12 key. Resetting your PRAM requires starting and holding down 4 keys, Command, Option, P, R simultaenously before you get a start up chime.

The drive doesn't eject discs

If the drive ejects discs slowly or appears to be struggling, insert and eject a disc several times.

If the drive does not eject discs, press the F12 key or, on original PowerBook G4 computers, the manual eject button located on the side of the slot. Holding down the trackpad button during startup should also eject a disc.

Reset the parameter RAM (PRAM) and/or the Power Manager (PMU). PMU reset instructions for iBook G4/PowerBook G4 or for MacBook/MacBook Pro (both 15-inch and 17-inch models). (there is a link to instructions for both of these operations in the link at the top of the page. Do PRAM first the other one, PMU, should be your last choice before taking it in to a technician.)

If the disc still does not eject, contact Apple to arrange for service.
(Gulp, do you have extended care or is it less than a year old? If so calling apple or taking it to a tech or an Apple store won't be as unpleasant.) You may be stuck with a repair. The above linked article specifcally mentions CD sizes and shapes.

I'm reluctant to mention it but, Ok, here goes da bomb. Are you handy with tools and do you trust yourself to take apart the computer to get at the optical drive? I'm not sure if this your model but powerbookmedic is a great resource. Don't do it if you don't think you have the skill. There is nothing like the experience of turning your own computer into an expensive paper weight.

http://www.powerbookmedic.com/Manuals/13-inch-macbook-manual.pdf

If nothing else this may give you a better understanding of your machine.

Ask a Question