Help needed!

Reaction score
Hi mac-help users, Rob C here.

Ok, I've got a problem that needs to be rectified! To lots of you it might sound silly but heres what it is:

I've recently got broadband wireless up-and-running for my iMac in my bedroom. The other day I downloaded some programmes including Limewire (the basic free edition). On the website I downloaded it from it said, in plain English, "ease of use - just install, run, and search..." and thats it. Fair enough.

My problem is that I've downloaded it, its installed as an application in my applications folder (its also in Macintosh HD) but I don't know how to run it! how do you run a programme once you've installed its application? I've also got soulseek and the newest MSN applications but don't know how to run them either! Can anyone help me please? It would be excellent if you could. All the best guys, i'll keep popping in for responses.

Regards,

Rob C

Reaction score
An application is installed in your Applications folder. You said it's also in Macintosh HD. That is probably just the installer. There should be only one copy of the program. After installing the application, you should delete the dmg file and its mounted volume.

To run a program, you double click its icon (inside the Applications folder). That will start it up. I would suggest you read the manual for that program -- at least the basics -- before you run it. That way, you'll have a better idea of what the program does and how you use it.

Ask a Question