SOLVED Help! My External Hard Drive Can't Eject!

Reaction score
So my usb is able to easily connect. no problem. Then no matter what happens, I have to Force Eject the damned drive because it won't eject properly. I'm thinking of replacing the USB, but is there anything that could be the computer's fault (Am on a Catalina OS, the model is the one just before the touch bar) that I could fix?

Reaction score
have you checked that you dont have any file or app on that hard drive open.?
can happen in you open a file on the hard drive and then close it, and file cataloging in the background may try indexing it.
regards
Sandy

Reaction score
Oh, sorry. I forgot to update the thread. It's resolved, basically half of my applications would try to index the contents even if the only thing I did was open the preview in finder. I just marked the usb as untouchable under spotlight (system preferences) and individually altered the indexing apps to NOT index the contents of the usb.

Thanks for the reply though, the second line sort of summed up my problems.

Reaction score
Most comps probably won't have to deal with the individual app indexing stuff though as I did come from a malware attack a few weeks prior.

Reaction score
I use Adobe Bridge all th etime with Photoshop and it is a curse for indexing drived when I pull up all th eimages on an external drive to look for ones to print and when close that window, as it keeep on rebuilding screen previews, simiraly if I print from an image on an external drive, even though the printers spool file is sent to my main "disk' (M1 imacs have all on one chip) it will still 'stop' me from egecting the external drive till the spooled file is printed.

regards, Sandy

Ask a Question