Help! Loaded OS 10.5 over 10.6

Reaction score
White Macbook, 2.16 Intel Core 2 Duo. A month ago started having Apple Mail problems (could recieve, couldn't send). Backup hard drive stolen (?) (went missing) at that time during renovation. Internet research said reload disks. I did so without thinking that I had updated via net to 10.6 and had diligently kept software up to date. During reload, my up-to-date system was archived on computer in a folder called "Previous Systems." I cannot update my computer beyond os 10.5.8 without again purchasing an upgrade. I've since found out that my Mail problem is probably a corrupted email message, which, if found and deleted, should fix my system. Which means, if I could get my original system back, I could probably find and fix the mail problem and hopefully all would be well again.

I do have SUPERDUPER in my within my "previous systems" folder but don't have my backup drive anymore. AND I can go into this "Previous System folder and find specific items if I can remember the the title.

However, I do now have a new OWC, never used 320 GB hard drive available and my daughter has a new (2-3 months old) macbook.

I'm told I can use her computer via firewire, make my computer a target computer, get my situation resolved.

Questions:
Could I not just save my current drive contents to the backup drive and reload my computer using my daughter's disks OR could I get an explanation if possible for how to access my archived system, which was current as of about a month ago.

PLEASE, one of you WONDERFUL experts, help me resolve my situation. I LOVE my Mac and have used them since they were made.
I don't know if I'll get notification via email of any responses to this thread but if it's not too much trouble, I'd appreciate your including me in your response at my email: (e-mail address removed)

Thanks for such a WONDERFUL site!

Ask a Question