HELP! ... Internet works only on FB and google

Reaction score
Internet works only on Facebook and google. It also works fine in safe mode.

I have tried every fix possible that I could find. The error is "no data received"

We did not recently install any new programs or files.

I ran a scan for virus came up clean
I removed cookies
I deleted internet and put back in.
I tried plugging in Ethernet cord

I am running Maverick las test update. Error on chrome Firefox and Safari

I am totally puzzled. I don't give up easily and do want to fix this. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Do you have the Firewall turned on?
-Have you checked the Proxies tab in the Network preference pane?
-What brand/model router are you running?

C

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the firewall or where to find it on the mac. I'm very new to the mac :)

We checked the proxies tab and reset all the wireless internet and ran the diagnostics and nothing has come up.

It isn't the router - we checked that first.
I'm very puzzled as to what this could be. I will format if I have to but prefer not to.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
The Firewall is in Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall.

You could try adding a test user, logging into it, and testing the browsers there to see if it is a user or OS issue.

C

Reaction score
Hello, I just made an account on this website so I could ask for help with the same problem! It's the same in all the internet browsers on my computer, safari, chrome and firefox. I'm currently writing this from a PC in the house, so it's not a problem with the internet connection. I used my mac only yesterday, it was working fine and since then I haven't downloaded anything and I'm pretty sure nothing has changed.

Reaction score
Hi,

I ran a scan for virus came up clean
Feel this is a 3rd part issue like your AV software if it runs in real time.
You say you have downloaded nothing but if in real time then your AV will update in auto mode that can change settings.
And as internet loading should not be affected as you describe IE only one or two sites load.
Generally it is only AV software and firewalls that will do this.

Ask a Question