Help in making a macro(or something lesser), involving any hooked up iPod

Reaction score
Running: Mac OS X 10.5.5. On: iMac. GHz: 2.00 (might as well try to please any moderators ;) )

It would be great if anyone could give me any information on how to do the following, or meet the same end(short of writing a script and posting it, that would be no fun):

I want to make a script, probably AppleScript, that, every time it is run, enables hidden files to show(I already know how to do this, to an extent), then prompts the user (it might not be me using the script) to enter a word or phrase (most likely going to be a song name or artist) to be searched for in the contents of any .mp3 in the given iPod's folders, or any file type at all, it doesn't really matter. Then return these files, or, copy and paste them into an already specified folder
^That would be in a perfect world. Basically, I want a way to take specific songs off any iPod that's plugged in, and put them on the computer. It's encredibly tedious to look through the entire unordered database of songs on the iPod.
So, any way of doing this, except by hand, would be awesome.
(Oh and by the way, how do I figure out my mac's specs from the machine itself? I'm curently running a VM, but I don't think what it says when I look in XP it totally correct, because 512MB of RAM seems way to low.) Thanks, and sorry for the long post.

Ask a Question