Help! Data Disks.

Reaction score
Hi I recently bought a second-hand Mac-book pro, This is my first Mac.

I have a huge amount of pictures, music and videos stored on Both CD & DVD data disks (all burnt using a PC)

When I insert a data disk it comes up as a blank disk, but works fine on a PC.

I was wondering if this is because its not compatible with my Mac? Or is there is a program or something I am meant to download?

Sorry I am pretty average with computers and I am still getting used to my Mac so if someone could help me out that would be a BIG help :)

Reaction score
I take it your Macbook Pro can read other CD/DVDs. It could be that the CD/DVD burnt using a PC was not formatted properly to be used across different platforms. If that's the case, then I don't think there is a way to get the Mac to read those disks. Macs can read disks burnt by PCs as long as those disks were burnt properly (finalized, etc.).

Reaction score
Fiona Rose if you still have your working PC and a spare hard drive which you could format as FAT32
using Disk Utility apps, you could put your data from your dvd's on the PC then to your FAT32 formatted HD then onto your mac. hope this helps.

Ask a Question