gonna kill the ibook!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
My husband and I recently obtained a pre-owned Ibook. The issue is that when we try to turn the computer on, it takes forever and then once it is on it freezes. Can someone please give some advice before we spend an arm, leg and kidney on repairs.

Signed...computer homocide

Reaction score
Actually I do not have that disk. I just tried to turn it on and though I can hear it booting up, the screen is now black and I cant do anything. Help, please help. :confused:

karazelle

Reaction score
You need to get the System disks. You should have gotten it with the Mac when you purchased it. You will need those for any kind of trouble shooting or diagnostics.

This would be the same if you had a PC btw. To fix a problem you usually need the tools to do it.
The system disk would let you perform diagnostics to figure out where the problem occurs, possible reinstall/reset it to its original state, access the harddisk etc.

Reaction score
I apologize for the delay in responding. It has been a long week!! :) I will purchase the disk and have a friend of mine perform the diagnosis. I appreciate your response and will let you know how it goes. Again thank you so much.

Ask a Question