Genealogy Software?

Reaction score
Can anyone reccommend any genealogy software?

I found a free programme (can't remember the name sorry) and Reunion 8, which costs about £80.00

Possiblt looking for something in between, more features than the free one but probably son't need the full set of Reunion 8

It's not for me, it's my friend with the broken iBook

Thanks

Mike

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

my Wife & Father both have Reunion, it's very good !

Makes entering the data easy and then publishing it to website via one click...they both do it themselves.

MacFamilyTree looks quite good but I haven't tried it myself.

What I've noticed is that when people start getting into Genealogy they get a bit addicted...so the broken iBook person may eventually need all the features of Reunion.

Probably best to download a couple of demos and try them, once the iBook is working properly !

I think we got our versions from S & N Genealogy Supplies, if your friend is interested. We have quite a few of the Census CD collections from there as well. They are quite expensive but if they have alot of family from one area then they can be very usefull, instead of constant trips to the records office.

They will also probably want to check out www.ancestry.co.uk or .com it is well worth the subscription if this is your 'thing', Wifey uses it a lot ! They have a lot of Census info online.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Ric

I think my Father used Reunion to do our family.

MacFamilyTree looks interesting, I'll d/l the demo and try it out and mention it to Jackie when she gets her iBook sorted.

I'll have to sort out some backup method for her as that's twice now that she's lost everything she had on her Mac. Does the iBook come with any backup software? I suppose back up to DVD would be best for her.

Thanks

Mike

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

there's a few threads on here about Backing up, I need to do an update at some point.

It all depends on what type of Backup plan would be best for her...

I shall do an update on Backing up...

regards

Ric

Ask a Question