SOLVED Folders for map pin favorites?

Reaction score
I've established a bunch of pinned locations on my iPhone maps in my neighborhood for a specific issue. I've established all of them as "favorites". That's nice, as I can display these favorites on my Mac Maps app as well via iCloud. But my "favorites" file has a load of pinned locations, most of which have NOTHING to do with that specific issue. Is there some way to categorize favorite locations. In that these locations are where my kids friends live, and these locations are where there are manhole covers in the street, and these locations are heritage trees? These favorites are ALL JUMBLED TOGETHER in my "favorites" list. It would be wonderful if "favorites" had folders. As in, THESE favorites are about THIS, and THESE favorites about THAT.

Reaction score
OK, the answer is "Guides" Guides are folders or groups of pins. REALLY stupid name for them, though. Who would'a thought that a Guide was a folder or group of pins. You can share a guide by message or e-mail, and the recipient pulls up a map with navigable pins. Sweet.

Reaction score
Geez, Louise. Mac-help.com kept telling me that my question wasn't posted and I needed to wait. But it posted them every time, and I can't delete. Sorry, folks. Maybe a moderator can clean things up

Ask a Question