Fixing a calendar invite

Reaction score
Hello,

During the British Summer time (March to October), I receive calendar invites that end up being one hour later in my calendar than when the meeting really starts. I found out that it is a limitation/bug in how calendar services on the Mac read the timezone information. I also discovered that if I simply change all occurrences of "GMT" in the .ics file to "Europe/London" then the even invite loads up correctly in calendar. Therefore, can someone point me to how I can create an automator/applescript workflow that:

1. Fishes out the .ics attachments from the e-mail messages by searching for a message from a specific address that has the word "Invitation:" in the subject.
2. Saves the .ics attachment
3. Replace all occurrences of "GMT" with "Europe/London"
4. Loads the .ics file into the default calendar application

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Reaction score
Hi Kaveman. Trust me, I've done that and much more. It does not solve this issue. It is a well-documented bug in Mac OS X for many years. Both calendar app and BusyCal suffer from it. It has to do with how Groupwise specifies the .ics file that Mac OS X simply gets confused with. Is an automator workflow feasible?

Reaction score
AppleScript should be fine for this but I don't know about 3. Replace all occurrences of "GMT" with "Europe/London" mail. Is the .ics file a text file?
If so then AppleScript, I would move the invites into a separate Mailbox folder and just process that folder, you could use a mail rule to do that.

Ask a Question