Final Cut Pro 7 Freezed Mac

Reaction score
I am hoping someone can help me fix this issue.

I have a MacBook Pro laptop, still running Version 10.5.8 and got myself Final Cut Pro 7. I have 4GB RAM and usually between 2 and 2.5GB free when running only Safari and Yahoo Messenger. The problem is that, when I open Final Cut Pro 7 (after having quit all other programs), my Mac sort of freezes. It takes long to start up Final Cut and it takes even longer to respond after. If I click on something (say the "File" menu) it takes almost a minute to register my click. I checked the RAM usage and it seems that Final Cut is using up everything constantly. My only solution then remains to forcefully shutdown, as even if I quit Final Cut, and even after the RAM usage goes back down, nothing will work smooth anymore.

I don't have any external disks plugged and I don't know if Final Cut is running any plug ins as I still haven't been able to use it. I am neither very tech-savvy so could you please help me out? Would searching for an earlier version of Final Cut Pro fix this?

Reaction score
Hi I have a ibook G4 I have got leopard on mine 10.5.8 it just started running perfect after I emptied the trash and unwanted clutter of garbage which was on the ibook since I got it off ebay 2012. I don't have the final cut on mine. when the start up disk is just about full I do get a message with force quit saying memory full and then it freezes I haven't had the issue ever since I cleaned all the unwanted stuff I don't use. I am currently downloading a copy of MacOs 10.5.8 leopard operating system which has taken ages. I am hoping to do a fresh reinstallment and use only what I want on as well as the basics. I do have a intellectual impairment so I am dependant on my ibook G4.

Ask a Question