Filter Finder Items - No Results

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the site, and to scripting, so excuse me if I phrase something poorly.

I'm trying to create a workflow in Automator that, when run, automatically deletes files and folders in a specified location more than 14 days old (using modification date).

I'm very close to having a functioning workflow. So far I have *Find Finder Items > Get Folder Contents > Filter Finder Items > Move Finder Items to Trash*.

I am able to get all of the desired files and folders as results at the end of Get Folder Items, but when it gets to Filter Finder Items the workflow returns no results. I've tried a few other filter options, and still get no results. I've done some research and found that it likely has something to do with the Spotlight preferences on the source disk. Unfortunately, this is to clean up a disk at work and I can't change the Spotlight preferences.

Soooooo, I'm trying to write an Applescript that filters the results given to me by Get Folder Contents, selecting only those not modified in the last 14 days. But I'm lost. I've done a lot of research over the past week, and tried to piece together a script, but the ones I'm finding seem very complicated are simply too far over my head to tweak to my needs.

I'm running OS X 10 6 8.

Thanks for any help you can offer,
Allen

Ask a Question