Entourage error 4363

Reaction score
MAC PRO OS X 10.6.4
ENTOURAGE 2004 - 11.4.0

I have an error appear every time my send /receive runs.
I have nothing in my outbox and no attachments. I can't find what is making the error and it is driving me crazy!

I have read somewhere that you can perform a data rebuild, but I am afraid I am going to loose all my emails. I can't afford to as this is my work address and these emails are highly important.

Has anyone had this same problem, I can't seem to find any forum that gives me an answer.

Thanks

Reaction score
Error 4363 usually means that you need to rebuild your database in Entourage, even if you "check database integrity" and it says it is OK. But you shouldn't lose any emails - just hold down the option key as you launch Entourage and it will give you the option to rebuild your database, which you should take. When the database approaches 2GB in size you can start to have crashes and error messages, so it is important to keep your database size down. So, regularly remove attachments from messages in your Inbox and Sent Items folder to keep it as small as possible. If you do lose a lot of emails through a crash, there is an app called EntourAid that will recover them for you. They give you a free trial so you can try it out before you pay.

Ask a Question