deleting safari

Reaction score
i upgraded safari on my macbook pro because youtube stopped working, then safari wouldn't work because i'm running an old os x (10.6.8) - it's not lion or anything. i don't know.
i don't want to update my os. i want the old safari back but you can't install it when a newer version is installed. i removed the app with some terminal command i found on another forum, but it still says a newer version of safari is installed. i can't figure out how to remove the remaining associated files.. i think that might be the problem. i don't know much about computers.. any help much appreciated.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the Terminal method, only way I've done this is using Pacifist (3rd party app $20) & downloading the version of Safari you need. Pacifist will do the job, I've used this method several times. Must make a full backup first though.

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the Terminal method, only way I've done this is using Pacifist (3rd party app $20) & downloading the version of Safari you need. Pacifist will do the job, I've used this method several times. Must make a full backup first though.

Great tip, Spawn_Dooley! I'll have to add Pacifist to my software arsenal.

And jones, make sure you do what Spawn_Dooley stated: make a backup first. In fact, going forward, you need to make a backup at least once a week, and to an external device. The easiest, "free" way to do that (and have a backup that is bootable) is to use SuperDuper!. It works like a charm!

Ask a Question