Deleting Contacts?

Reaction score
A couple of the people in my contacts list died recently so I want to delete them from the list. I can't work out how to do this as there doesn't seem to be a delete option in the menu. I've tried dragging the card to the trash but that doesn't work.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
highlight the contact in the list that you wish to remove then hit the Delete key. Confirm your actions then the contact will be deleted.

Reaction score
highlight the contact in the list that you wish to remove then hit the Delete key. Confirm your actions then the contact will be deleted.
Thanks - I tried that. It just beeps at me. It doesn't give me an option to confirm the action.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
If you select the contact in the list & go to Edit ~> Delete Card, does this work?

Go to Address Book ~> Preferences ~> Accounts … what is listed in the left pane?

Reaction score
Nothing seemed to work so in the end I contacted the Apple support chatline and they talked me through it. They found a dodgy file deep in the application support menus which I deleted and then re-installed the contacts list and it seems to be working fine now. Thanks for trying to help anyway.

Ask a Question