Daz 3D not rendering right. do I need aNvidia graphics card

Reaction score
I am using the application Daz 3D. it has rendering problem - ie- metal is dull vs shiny and reflective. Some one mentioned to get this graphics card . I only see them for 24 " units. would it be the same for my 27" imac retina unit? and is it easy to switch out? Here is a sample of the dullness. need it shiny to save a lot of rendering time in photoshop. would this one work ?? NVIDIA GeForce 8800GS 8800 GS Graphics Video Card 512MB for Apple iMac 24" A1225 VGA Card 661-4664

Attachments

• armorfight.jpg
    armorfight.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 107

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Which exact model iMac do you have?

It is a heavily involved replacement process, and not recommended for end-users. Internal components can easily be damaged without the proper tools and training.

I don't believe that card is compatible with the 27" model, as it isn't something I have experience with changing.

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory, I clicked on my 'apple' icon, top left menu bar. did not see a model number there. i did see- AMD Radeon R9 M380 2 GB graphics- I have take apart my previous imac to put in a new hard drive before. so i know its tricky. not sure if graphic card would be the same challenge or harder. should just pop out and pop in unless under other stuff. I would have to watch a video of it being done first. but it also seems like i can not find one for the 27" anyway so i guess i am stuck with low level rendering. SO I am assuming now that DAZ 3D App was really built for PCs. Windows.

Ask a Question