Daz 3D Studio, Poser 6 and getting 'Micheal' to work

Reaction score
I've recently started to use my beast capabilites to get into the world of 3D models. As part of my job requires a lot of retouche on images, something like Poser or D3D can make my life easier.

But, I'm running into a problem here. I started with installing a demo of Poser 6. Then a friend pointed out D3D (Daz3DStudio) which creates content for Poser, but also has its own poser like software which is free. So I installed that as well, and left Poser on the machine too since both are supposed to work together (haven't tried that yet).

D3D comes with 2 models, Michael and Victoria, which a free as well (and naked, so you still need to buy cloths for them). Victoria worked fine. Michael however... I can't get it to work.

Now, i run the exact same system at work, as I do at home (where i do the 3D stuff), so today i installed only D3D at work, downloaded Vic and Mic and what do you know, Michael worked fine.

So when i got home, i tried a number of things to get Michael to work here as well. Nada. Even re-installing everything didn't solve the appearant problem. Which seems to be Poser 6. Even while i deleted every file - as far as I can find - upon installing D3D, it keeps finding something from Poser 6. I can tell since it appears in a menu in D3D, which isn't the case at work where Poser 6 was never installed.

Sneaky suspicion.. there are still hidden poser 6 files on my machine. I'm far from an apple expert, so any help is appriciated here. How can i make sure everything that belongs to software you want to delete is indeed deleted? (And i mean everything!)

thanks, val

Ask a Question