cybershot dsc-w50

Reaction score
I have an iBook G4. I am fairly new to macs, and not very knowledgable about computers in general.

I understand that when removing a cd, or zip drive, etc I need first to eject the item before physically removing it. This is usually simple. However, when I connect my camera (a Sony Cypershot DSC-W50) to my computer, I can see no way to eject the device before unplugging it. No icon related to the camera appears on my desktop. Additionally, there is no listing for eject camera under file. How do I properly eject the camera from my computer before unplugging it?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Reaction score
Hello dogjog and Welcome!

Let's make sure some preferences are ok first. Go to Finder --> Preferences --> Under the general tab, make sure you have the check boxes checked next to Hard Disks, CD & DVDs & iPods. If you still don't see an icon on your desktop related to your camera, open iPhoto and see if you camera appears in the source list. If it does, there should be an eject button next to it. Let us know how this works out for you!

Searay

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

what software is launching when you plug the camera in ?

Is there anything in that, that allows you to eject ?

I use Aperture to handle my piccies...when using it the Camera (disk icon) does not show on the Desktop, but it gives me an option at the end of the 'Import' to eject the 'Card'.

eject-card.jpg

regards

Ric

Ask a Question