cursor jumps occasionally

Reaction score
I have a year-old macbook pro. When I type something in Word on elsewhere (like email), the cursor periodically jumps to another line. No reason, no warning. It could be something I do when I type but I don't know what. The other annoying thing is that often the space bar fails to create a space so stufflookslikethis, and I have to go back and fix it. Again, It could be me. Has anyone come across these problems? I can livewith them but I'd rather not.
Paul

Reaction score
The cursor jumping is often caused by the ball of your thumb brushing the trackpad.

Spacebar not so much.

If you purchases extend AppleCare I would get it looked at an Apple Service Centre near you.

Reaction score
OK, thanks. I bet my thumb is the problem. As for the spacebar, the computer is the school's and I don't know if I have extended care.

Reaction score
I've been having this same problem, although more serious than yours. It happens all the time. At first I thought it was my hand brushing against the track pad, but I'm careful to avoid that and the cursor jumping still happens. Also, sometimes it randomly highlights whole sections of text and then when I just type one letter it all gets replaced. Of course I can undo it with command-z but it gets annoying when I have to do it all the time. My MacBook is 4 years old, AppleCare is expired. I don't know what to do, other than buy a new computer.

Reaction score
Take it to an Apple Service Centre 4 year old Mac are still serviceable.

Ask a Question