CD Wont eject

Ric

Reaction score
When you've finished downloading, if you have enough space on you Hard Drive you might want to make a 'Disk Image' of your sims cd/dvd and then you can just lount that when you want to play without having to put the disk in, plus it's a handy backup.

Just go to your Applications folder--> Utilities-->Disk Utility.

Put your CD or DVD in to your Mac and then...

Click on the disk then goto the menu and click create new image-->change the format to cd/dvd master...encryption none.

This will do create a duplicate of the disk...

Now when you want to play, just double click on the image, which will then mount, then open the Sims, and it should run like normal, thinging the disk is in the drive !

I haven't got the Sims to try it, but it normally works.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Ok I did what you said. I saved in applications but when I went and clicked on it, it told me to insert the original CD. But the CD did eject ok.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

not sure if this will definately work...

...but the plan is

Make a disk image of The Sims, visual aid here...

Imagine that was your disk, then quit out of Disk Utility, and eject the CD/DVD.

Then double click on that newly created image file, and then start up the Sims app that's on your Hard drive. Hopefully the disk image, that gets 'mounted' should fool the Application into thinking that the disk is really in the machine.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
HI! It didn't work. It still said to insert the original disk. Its ok though because the CD is now ejecting fine. My mom was wondering where we could contact you incase I need more help in the future. Thanks for all your help!

Ric

Reaction score
orangeonion3 said:
...My mom was wondering where we could contact you incase I need more help in the future. Thanks for all your help!

No problem, thats what this websites for !

If you need any help in the future just stop by here ! Or even if you don't !

I prefer to 'respond' to questions via the forums, that way if any one else has the same problem, then they should hopefully find the answer...

...in a dire emergency..."(e-mail address removed)" email or "(e-mail address removed)" via iChat

regards

Ric

Ask a Question