CD-RW troubles

Reaction score
OK, Toast is not set up to launch when I insert a disc. I think this was once the case, but no longer. I have it set to launch Finder when a blank CD or DVD disc goes in.

I'm guessing the amount of space Toast needs refers to the "Roxio Converted Items" folder. All I can say is, Toast never said there was not enough space on the hard drive to burn a disc. I think only Itunes has quit in the middle of burning a disc, not Toast.

About the external drive. It still works. The only problem is that the same issues that have occurred with the internal drive eventually cropped up on the external. I have used the external with both the Mac and my PC notebook. Recently, I stopped using it with the Mac because it wasn't working any better than the internal. It is (mostly) fine with the PC Notebook.

CD-RW's are essential to me. I use them to burn a radio show every week so I can listen to it at home and in the car. I also sometimes burn albums to RW's if I am not sure I'll want to keep them. I used to burn data regularly for work purposes, but not so much anymore.

When I get a chance, I'm going to buy some new CD-RW's. I'll go with an entirely new brand, and just use them with the Mac. I"ll let you know how it works out.
" It is (mostly) fine with the PC Notebook."
That may be indicative of a drive that's ready to bite the dust.
Good luck. :)

Ask a Question